Tuesday 24th November 2009
The PADI Open Water Course (OW) is 3 day Course. With a theory component that is best completed via self study before you arrive using PADI’s eLearning tool:
- At the end of this course you a confident & competent diver having exceeded all of the PADI standards.
- Here at Mai Dive we do your 5 ‘Confined Water’ (swimming pool) training session sessions right off the beach, you then have 4 ‘Open Water’ dives and some of these are done at spectacular Astrolabe dive sites like Split Rock in the Alacrity Rock Region or in the World Famous Naqoro Marine Reserve.
- We highly recommend doing your theory component on line using PADI eLearning, that way when you get to the resort it’s straight into the water with no read to read long chapters of a text book when you would rather be do other fun things.
- From the very 1st day of the course you will be diving and enjoying the underwater world.
Open Water Course Requirements at the Resort after completing eLearning:
- Complete a Quick Review Quiz
- Demonstrate ability to swim 200M and to float for 10min
- Present you E-learner completion confirmation (you should print this when completing eLearning)
- Complete your Confined & Open Water Training
- Have lots of fun
You need to sign a liability release and also fill out a medical statement. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the medical screening questions, you will need to get clearance from a doctor before doing the program.
Children as young as 12 year of age can do the Open Water course. At Mai Dive we happy to introduce children to the underwater world and we assess the child abilities with the guardians to make sure we think it’s appropriate.
How to book your Open Water or Advanced diving course at Mai Dive
- Send us an inquiry so that we can book you in and arrange deposits etc.
- We will send you a dive medical statement. If you answer yes to any of the screening questions you will need to get approval from a diving doctor before doing the course.
- We will then send you a PADI eLearning Access Pass or PADI Learning Materials Crew Pack depending of the knowledge development method you select.
- Once you have the Access Pass or Crew Pack you can begin Knowledge Development Self Study ensuring that it is completed before you arrive at the resort as all the ‘In Water’ training begins on your 1st day at the resort.
Note: Completing the Open Water or Advanced Open Water course at the resort after eLearning will require 3 half day session (3-4 hours each)
This booking process does not apply to Discover Scuba Diving – just come and we sort it all out when you arrive.